Here at UO Roleplay, you will fine a unique environment were people enjoy paying UO and most importantly, like to role-play! All players & staff will be required to fill out an application in order to be accepted and allowed to log onto the UO Roleplay server. Everything we do here is done with the thought in mind of producing an environment that foster role-playing and is enjoyable and fun. Players are not required to stay in character if they do not wish to, however it will certainly be encouraged if you do!
• There is a 2 account limit on UO Roleplay
• House decay is 14 days.
• Boat Decay is 14 days.
• Role-playing character names are required. If you character does not have an appropriate name their name will be change.
• 4 houses per account limit. In the town of Narrowhaven there is a limit of 1 house per player except for GM approved exceptions.
• Custom houses are allowed, however…
A. They may not use lava, ice, or other weird tiles
B. If they are ugly they will be removed
C. They must look like a real building
• Cheating, exploiting, bug abuse, file manipulation, or the use of any program that give the player any advantage or breaks the natural behavior of the game, will result in a permanent ban. If you find a bug or see another player doing something they should not be doing, please tell a GM.
• Game Environment: The forums, IRC, and game server are not here for anyone to vent their negative opinions, frustrations, arguments, threats, or inflammatory remarks. Any such remarks will be locked or removed by a staff member. Our goal is to create an exciting, enjoyable, and fun gamming environment that everyone can enjoy and those types of things are not enjoyable to anyone. If the post or comment is not positive please don’t share!
• We allow unattended macroing with Razor (Download Here)
• You may not gather resources or items unattended. This includes mining, lumberjacking, lockpicking in dungeons, cotton picking, and fishing in deep water.
• There is Young Player status on UO Roleplay.
• Players will start in haven.
• Accounts will NEVER be deleted due to inactivity.
How many characters may I have?
Initially you will start with 5 character slots. Additional character slots may be acquired by donating to UO Roleplay for up to a maximum of 7 characters per account.
What are the skill and stat caps?
The skill cap is 1000 and the stat cap is 225 .
How is character death handled?
When your character dies, all of your item will remain on your corps. You must find a healer to resurrect your character. Shrines as well as healers can be found throughout the land. You can find a healer at the entrance of every dungeon as well as a healers shop in every town. At a healers shop you can purchase a resurrection potion to automatically resurrect your self after 10 seconds. These potions are expensive but can be very handy when you are adventuring on your own. Upon resurrection you can double-click your corps to retrieve all items on it. It is possible for other players to loot your corps, however they will be flagged as a criminal.
Are there any safe lands such as Trammel?
No there are not. All realism is allowed in the game. The only safe place you will find is in your house or within the limits of the city guards.
How is griefing handled?
At UO Roleplay we want everyone to have a good time. If a character is legitimately griefing you or other players please report them and a GM will look into the matter. However, if you, as the player, abuse this in any way, lie, or attempt to create something that does not exits, action will be taken against you. At UO Roleplay we allow the players to play any type of character they chose, this includes playing a evil characters, assassins, or anything else they would like to. With this in mind, be aware that PvP, player killing, thieving, and looting (characters, monsters, houses, boats) are perfectly legitimate activities while in character.
How do I log out safely?
The best way to log out is in one of the numerous Inns found in towns or a house of which you own, co-own, or are a friend. Furthermore, the skill “Camping” can be used to log out anywhere when used properly. If you do not use one of these methods there will be a few minute delay until your character disappears.
How can I change my password?
In order to change your password, please type:
[password newpassword newpassword
Be sure to replace newpassword with the password you would like to use.
How do I go about making money?
You could create a warrior and challenge monsters such as skeletons and zombies near graveyards, or go mine a mountain for ingots and sell them to another player. More advice on this can be found in the “Guide” section of the.